Friday, June 19, 2009

Water at Watters Creek

Photobucket

My friend Dan over at McKinney Daily Photo blogged about this area before and posted some interesting pics. I had some time early one morning and went there to see if I could grab some decent pictures.

Watters Creek is a small development in Allen, TX with shopping, office space, restaurants and apartment lofts, which together give it the feel of a condensed "downtown".  There's a centrally located park area that has a stream running through the center of it with lot's of mini waterfalls that are always fun to photograph. A couple of bridges and rocks surrounding the stream make for some picturesque areas.

I thought I'd try to get some long exposure pics of some of the waterfalls, but I forgot my tripod.  I  used the surrounding rocks to brace the camera for the longer exposures when photographing the waterfalls and also used a polarizer to cut down on the glare in the water.

The rest of Watters Creek is interesting, however I think it's much more photogenic at night when it's lit up. You can see some nighttime photography on their web site. I might try it sometime.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home