Saturday, July 18, 2009

James H. Huey

Photobucket

I started a new project recently photographing toppled or broken headstones. Originally I intended to photograph grave plots decorated with the American flag on the 4th of July, but I didn't see that many. I did see many old, toppled headstones and thought they were more interesting.

By "toppled" I really mean they've fallen over or have broken due to age. Several were forced up by the roots of a nearby tree and eventually fell over. All of them are old, and you have to wonder about the history of these plots and the people buried there.

This one is from Williams Cemetery in McKinney. This grave belongs to a young boy who died less than a week before his 5th birthday, probably due to disease or an illness which was usually the case in 1887.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home