Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2000 Pictures, part 4


Continuing with the exercise, I decided to take a walk around downtown McKinney early one morning before the crowds showed up. McKinney is the county seat for Collin County, and the downtown area has several very old buildings and some interesting architecture. These days, it's mostly antique shops and boutiques, cafes and restaurants, etc. Again, my goal was just to take as many pictures as I could without trying to find a good subject and getting good composition. These are my favorites.

So I literally put the camera around my neck and clicked the shutter every 4 or 5 paces. Many of the pictures were just out of focus shots of random lightposts, trash cans and street signs, but I occasionally got an interesting shot, like this one of birds flying away as I approached:



Smith Drug Co. has been a staple of downtown McKinney for over 100 years. I have other pictures that I have taken over the years, but the store closed for good not long after I got these shots. I've always loved that sign.



There are a lot of glass storefronts downtown and ended up getting several shots of those. Some including my own reflection:


This guy was staring at me from inside a restaurant as I came around a corner so I took his picture:



A few random ones:



This one is probably my favorite, and I'm pretty sure I composed this one and it wasn't randomly taken while I walked down the street. I really like the shallow depth of field.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home