Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Frontiers Of Flight II - Braniff


I don't know much about Braniff Airways other than they operated a major hub out of Love Field in Dallas.

While visiting the Frontiers of Flight Museum right next door to Love Field, I couldn't help but notice a big display on the 2nd floor dedicated to Braniff. I enjoyed the progression of flight attendants clothes from mid century on up. My favorites were these lovely numbers. Why don't flight attendants dress like this anymore?

In a display case nearby there were some model planes and other artifacts from Braniff. I couldn't help but notice a Braniff tiki mug, since collecting tiki is one of my hobbies. I've seen this one before in an antique store but they wanted $40 for it which I think was overpriced.






This mug was given to passengers during their Hawaii route but I'm not sure when. My guess is late 60's to early 70's. This mugs design is known in the collectors world as "Leilani" and was manufactured by a company called Orchids Of Hawaii.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine carved a tiki into one of the trees at my parent's farm a long time ago - If it's still there, I'll get a pic & post it. I forgot all about that til I read your post tonight!

Actually, I wanted to stop by & see if you'd be interested in joining The World in Black & White blog? I help Dot on both of her blogs & we just recently had an opening & we thought you might be interested in joining since you had joined Pic a Theme. If you are, let me know & I can get you signed up! Thanks!

March 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home