Friday, March 20, 2009

WANTED!

Next week I'm doing a shoot at an elementary school dance. It's going to be a "western" theme and they wanted the pictures to look like "wanted" posters. Since I only offer 4X6's at these events it was a challenge figuring out exactly how to pull this off. I managed to locate some frames on line that already said "wanted" on them. The only additional thing I would need to do is give the pictures an antique look.

I wanted to try one picture before the event so I have something to show potential customers. The sun was a concern, but this was only supposed to be a throwaway that I could use to see how the pictures would look in the frame.

At first I took about 15 pictures of my daughter wearing a cowboy hat and then sent her on her way. Then I realized there was no memory card in the camera (OOPS). I called her back to do it again and she was a bit irritated with me. I quickly took 6 more shots (WITH the memory card this time) and managed to get this pose from her. I told her to look like a mean criminal and I think it was easy since she was already mad at me.

I edited the picture and put it inside one of the frames I'll be using at the event. Below is the result.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

She looks like a model!

I need an email address to send you an invitation to Pic a Theme. You can email me at the address on the blog.

March 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger  Connie said...

woW she's a doll!!
great job on the Poster!!

March 30, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home