Thursday, April 2, 2009

Unhappy Jpegs

Photobucket

I've been increasingly unhappy with the appearance of my images after I load them to the blog.  They lose a lot of resolution when I covert them to a jpeg on my computer, but then when I upload them they seem to be losing even more. It's especially apparent  on my black and whites. 

I've started hosting my files on Photobucket and it seems to make a difference. Not only in the size of the file I'm able to post, but in the resolution.  It's also easier to to cut and paste an html code when you're using a Mac than it is to try to move the images around once you've uploaded them to the blog.

I've noticed lots of bloggers host their pictures at different locations, so I'm guessing this is common knowledge and maybe I'm just a little late in realizing it. I've only been blogging about 3 months.

I've also begun posting pictures on two other blogs; The World In Black & White and Pic A Theme. Pic A Theme just started and I've been enjoying The World In Black & White for some time. Very happy to be able to contribute. It also gets me thinking even more about shooting photos which is why I started blogging in the first place. 

The picture above is a b&w version of a portrait I made of my daughter last fall. Her school pictures were developed so poorly that I couldn't stand not doing a better one. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home