Friday, April 10, 2009

WANTED! part 2

Photobucket

BOOT SCOOTIN' JAMBOREE was the name of the event. The folks at one of the elementary school in town, including the PTO, teachers, staff and volunteers, did an unbelievable job. I was hired to take the pictures to be placed in the WANTED frames that I talked about here.

Photobucket

My setup was the usual 2 softboxes. The background was already provided, and it was more than I could have hoped for (and better than anything I could have thrown together). An old shed with a wooden fence, haystacks, a saddle, etc. All the kids really wanted to sit on the saddle but it was not steady on the fence, so I limited it to kids who were under school age.

It was a pretty steady crowd for the 2 hours I was scheduled, but was still half expecting to sell more portraits than I did considering 500 tickets were sold.  I've been working these types of events for a couple of years and I've definitely seen a decrease in the number of pictures people seem to be buying since the economy got into trouble.  I'm still appreciative for the business I did get and will definitely do more of them. Hopefully it will lead to a few extra clients.


Photobucket

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Great work Dennis! Thanks for showing the setup on this. I am experimenting with a two light strobist set up with umbrellas rather than softboxes and seeing how you did this really helped.

April 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home